Driveway Sealing and Seal Coating
Sealcoating is a process in asphalt paving that gets ignored. Some people don’t understand how sealcoating can be beneficial and treat is as an optional treatment. If you don’t quite understand the process or like doing it yourself, then we at Fort Wayne Asphalt can help you.
What is Sealcoating:
Sealcoating is when you add a thin layer of liquid over the surface of your pavement to prevent damage. These damages come from rain, UV rays, fluids from vehicles, and snow. Of course, seal coating won’t protect you from existing damage such as cracks and potholes, but it can prevent further damage from occurring. Aside from protection, your seal coat also helps preserve the asphalt for a longer period of time.
Benefits of Sealcoating:
- Extends the life expectancy of your asphalt: If your pavement has some shallow holes, then you can fill it in with seal coat. This will help prevent further damage from happening until you need to call in an asphalt company to do some minor repairs.
- You Save More Money: When you seal coat your pavement, you save more from maintaining it. You won’t have to spend so much to have major repairs done. It’s easier for you to save money by hiring an asphalt paving company to provide seal coating services than for road repair.
- Good Weather Protection: Applying a seal coat allows you to slow the effects of snow, UV rays, oxidation, water, and debris. This allows you to keep the pavement well-maintained during extreme weather conditions.
- Provides Chemical Protection: With seal coating, specifically sealers that are coal-tar based help protect the pavement from oil spills, petroleum products, and gas spills. It’s important to keep your pavement protected from these spills because they do cause long-term damage if left untreated.
- Improves the Appearance of your Pavement: Sealcoating does smoothen out the pavement and makes it easier to drive over. If you are one to want to improve your curb appeal, then you would be able to benefit from having sealcoat over your pavement.
When it comes to protecting your pavement, you should make it a habit to do this. If you don’t want to do it yourself, then you can always hire a professional to do it for you. In Fort Wayne Asphalt, we commend ourselves in our asphalt paving contractor services to our customers.
We provide reasonable prices for our services, that we will provide our best to keep you satisfied.