Asphalt Paving – Driveways & Roads
There’s nothing more frightening than an unmaintained road that can cause accidents to anyone. In Fort Wayne, we focus on keeping the roads safe by maintaining it. You might be curious as to why we do this, but it’s absolutely important for your safety.
Steps of Road Safety Maintenance:
- Writing up the plans and design: Before the road is paved, it’s important to plan and design because you have to consider the weather, the time-duration and the convenience to the neighboring area. It’s important to keep these factors in mind because it would be quite difficult to cause inconvenience, especially if it’s a busy road.
- Earthwork and excavation: This usually applies to rough roads. After the preparation of the road, it’s mounted, this shapes the road; after mounting, the surface is smoothed out. After the soil is leveled, it is limestone, concrete, and soil are added to stabilize the road.
- Asphalt Paving: There are three steps that go into this to make it safe, we’ll break it down.
- Gravel Layer: This layer is also known as your frost blanket. The mixture of gravel and sand prevents the road from being affected by freezing and thawing.
- Base Layer: The base layer is composed of lime, cement, or bitumen. This is the binding stage to bind the unbound layer.
- Surface Layer: This layer is the last layer. It is responsible for drainage, smoothening, friction, and noise control for your roads.
- The Final Roll: This is usually the smoothing out of the road after everything. This is the last part, and then you wait until everything has set. Once the asphalt has set, you can use it without going over potholes or bumps.
Importance of Asphalt Paving:
Without asphalt paving, roads would be rough and can cause damage to your vehicle. It’s safer if these roads are maintained regularly to ensure that no one undergoes any problems from cracks or potholes in your asphalt.
It may take some time, but you need to keep in mind that this is done for your safety, as well as everyone else around you.
Asphalt paving is an important process in maintaining a safe road. Although it may be an inconvenience (especially in a busy road), you have to be more understanding. It’s our job to make sure that the roads are safe for you to drive on, and free from any road blocks.